We chose Zal as this month’s Nurbana Babe because she is an overall free-spirited kind of gal. After meeting her we knew she was our next Nurbana Babe. Zal’s sense of style and personality is exactly what a #NurbanaBabe is all about. At Nurbana305, we love kind-hearted women who inspire other women to be and do their best. Find out more about Zal in our interview below with her for this month’s Nurbana Babe...
1.Tell us a little about your background… Where were you born and where are you from? I was born and raised in Puerto Rico but both of my parents are from Dominican Republic. I look like I’m 100% Dominican but when it comes to my personality I have the best of both cultures.
2. What do you do for a living? I use to model for many years and it gave me the opportunity to travel the world while developing great relationships. However, I decided to stop modeling and open a Digital Marketing and Public Relations agency three years ago called @Media_Fresh. I also make 100% natural skin care products called @WiseRootsLiving, and have an athletic club with my husband where we teach kids soccer and track/field called @AthleticClubMiami.
3. What would you say your personal style is like?
My style is whenever I can put on a unique outfit that makes me feel confident without having to look in the mirror. I am a mix of bohemian/rocker which I think describes perfectly what a #NurbanaBabe is all about.
4. How did you hear about Nurbana305?
I heard of Nurbana305 through social media. We have a great digital relationship between Nurbana305 and my marketing agency now. I decided to go into the store one day, and I fell in love with both the merchandise and the owner Jo.
5. What is your favorite go-to outfit/#OOTD?
I live in shorts and boots! I also need at least 4 great rings and a vintage gold necklace to complete the outfit.
6. What do you do for fun?
Everything that I do, I do it for fun. Although, I truly enjoy practicing Muay Thai and floating in the ocean for at least 30 minutes once a week.
7. What do you like most about Wynwood?
For some reason, it makes me feel like I am in Old San Juan. It doesn’t look the same, but it’s a very inspiring place. In Wynwood, you can take millions of pictures, go bar-hopping, dress casual and meet new people.
8. What is your favorite piece that you wore for this photoshoot?
The Vintage Rolling Stones Camo Jacket… There are so many ways you can style it.
It’s great because you can throw it on and it will make any outfit pop.
9. What is your favorite Nirvana song?
My favorites are “Smells Like Teen Spirit” and “Drain You”. I just love the lyrics “One baby to another says I'm lucky to have met you, I don't care what you think. Unless it is about me.”